This is a twist on the classic green bean casserole. The addition of ground meat and mashed potatoes kicks the casserole up a notch! It can be now be served as an economical one pot meal instead of as a side dish.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup (your choice try the classic cream of mushroom soup, cream of chicken or cream of celery soup)
- 3/4 cup milk (my favorite is the cream) or 3/4 cup cream (my favorite is the cream)
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper (to taste)
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans green beans or 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans cut green beans, drained
- 1 1/3 cups canned fried onions
- 1 -1 1/2 lb ground meat try ground turkey, etc or 1 -1 1/2 lb sausage, filling etc or 1 -1 1/2 lb ground beef, etc
- mashed potatoes
- 1Brown your ground meat and add favorite seasonings.
- 2Preheat oven to 350.
- 3Make classic Green Bean casserole recipe:.
- 4Drain cans of green beans.
- 5Combine:Condensed Soup, Pepper, Milk/Cream and stir.
- 6Add: Green beans and all fried onions.
- 7Stir gently making sure to coat green beans.
- 8Add: Brown Ground Meat to green bean mixture.
- 10Add to casserole dish.
- 11Cover casserole mixture with mashed potatoes and bake 45-55 minutes.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Green Bean Casserole Shepherd's Pie
Serving Size: 1 (327 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 328.5
- Calories from Fat 140
- Total Fat 15.5 g
- Saturated Fat 4.8 g
- Cholesterol 102.0 mg
- Sodium 628.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.0 g
- Sugars 3.2 g
- Protein 26.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: