Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Every year it is my BF's and my job to bring the green bean casserole to the Thanksgiving dinner. The recipe started with us just adding bacon (because EVERYTHING is better with bacon) and then we added more "stuff" till we came up with this super fattening, garlic laden delight. Maybe next time we might have to add shredded cheese and some sauteed onions. . . food for thought :)
- 1 lb bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 5 garlic cloves, chopped (or more if you like)
- 2 (8 ounce) packages fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 (10 3/4 ounce) cans Campbell's Cream of Mushroom Soup (or the Cream of Mushroom Soup with Roasted Garlic)
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk (or half and half)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 (16 ounce) bags frozen French-cut green beans, thawed, drained and squeezed of extra water
- 2 2⁄3 cups French's French fried onions
- Sauté chopped garlic in the butter and olive oil, add mushrooms until mostly soft.
- Set aside to cool.
- When cooled, drain off extra liquid.
- Mix soup, milk, pepper, 1/2 of the crumbled bacon, sautéed mushrooms, green beans and 1 1/3 cups French Fried Onions in a large bowl.
- Transfer into large baking dish and spread into even layer.
- Bake at 350°F for 40 minute or until hot.
- Stir and then top with remaining 1 1/3 cup onions and bacon.
- Bake 5 minute until onions are golden.