1 hr 25 mins
Every year it is my BF's and my job to bring the green bean casserole to the Thanksgiving dinner. The recipe started with us just adding bacon (because EVERYTHING is better with bacon) and then we added more "stuff" till we came up with this super fattening, garlic laden delight. Maybe next time we might have to add shredded cheese and some sauteed onions. . . food for thought :)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 5 garlic cloves, chopped (or more if you like)
- 2 (8 ounce) packages fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 (10 3/4 ounce) cans Campbell's Cream of Mushroom Soup (or the Cream of Mushroom Soup with Roasted Garlic)
- 1 1/2 cups milk (or half and half)
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 (16 ounce) bags frozen French-cut green beans, thawed, drained and squeezed of extra water
- 2 2/3 cups French's French fried onions
- 1Sauté chopped garlic in the butter and olive oil, add mushrooms until mostly soft.
- 2Set aside to cool.
- 3When cooled, drain off extra liquid.
- 4Mix soup, milk, pepper, 1/2 of the crumbled bacon, sautéed mushrooms, green beans and 1 1/3 cups French Fried Onions in a large bowl.
- 5Transfer into large baking dish and spread into even layer.
- 6Bake at 350°F for 40 minute or until hot.
- 7Stir and then top with remaining 1 1/3 cup onions and bacon.
- 8Bake 5 minute until onions are golden.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Green Bean Casserole (Mushroom, Garlic and Bacon, Oh My!)
Serving Size: 1 (296 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 498.5
- Calories from Fat 378
- Total Fat 42.0 g
- Saturated Fat 14.9 g
- Cholesterol 60.2 mg
- Sodium 1111.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.8 g
- Sugars 2.3 g
- Protein 13.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
French's French fried onions