This isn't your typical Green Bean Casserole. This has onion, celery and cheese mixed into the green beans then topped with your french fried onion rings
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 (15 ounce) cans green beans or 4 (15 ounce) cans French style green beans
- 6 ounces mushrooms, diced (I LOVE baby bellas)
- 1 cup onion, diced
- 1 cup celery, diced
- 2 -3 tablespoons garlic, diced fine
- 8 ounces monterey jack and cheddar cheese blend, shredded
- 1 (13 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (13 ounce) can cream of celery soup
- 2 (6 ounce) cans French fried onion rings
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- kosher salt
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2Melt butter and olive oil over medium high heat in a large frying pan.
- 3Add onions, celery, garlic and mushrooms,1 tsp of the salt.
- 41/2 teaspoons pepper.
- 5Saute about 5-6 minutes until the vegetables have softened.
- 6Add both cans of soup. Mix well and remove from heat.
- 7Rinse the green beans well and set in colander to drain.
- 8In a large bowl, combine the green beans, shredded cheese and soup/veggie mix. Add 1/2 of your fried onion rings.
- 9Pour mixture into a buttered casserole dish and bake for 30 minutes.
- 10Remove from oven and top with the remaining onion rings.
- 11Put back in oven for about 5-10 minutes until the onions have browned slightly.
Browse Our Top Mushroom Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Mushroom Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Green Bean Casserole Kicked Up
Serving Size: 1 (396 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 423.0
- Calories from Fat 242
- Total Fat 26.9 g
- Saturated Fat 11.9 g
- Cholesterol 50.6 mg
- Sodium 1018.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 33.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.0 g
- Sugars 13.1 g
- Protein 17.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
French fried onion rings