Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
This isn't your typical Green Bean Casserole. This has onion, celery and cheese mixed into the green beans then topped with your french fried onion rings
- 4 (15 ounce) cans green beans or 4 (15 ounce) cans French style green beans
- 6 ounces mushrooms, diced (I LOVE baby bellas)
- 1 cup onion, diced
- 1 cup celery, diced
- 2 -3 tablespoons garlic, diced fine
- 8 ounces monterey jack and cheddar cheese blend, shredded
- 1 (13 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (13 ounce) can cream of celery soup
- 2 (6 ounce) cans French fried onion rings
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- kosher salt
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Melt butter and olive oil over medium high heat in a large frying pan.
- Add onions, celery, garlic and mushrooms,1 tsp of the salt.
- 1/2 teaspoons pepper.
- Saute about 5-6 minutes until the vegetables have softened.
- Add both cans of soup. Mix well and remove from heat.
- Rinse the green beans well and set in colander to drain.
- In a large bowl, combine the green beans, shredded cheese and soup/veggie mix. Add 1/2 of your fried onion rings.
- Pour mixture into a buttered casserole dish and bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven and top with the remaining onion rings.
- Put back in oven for about 5-10 minutes until the onions have browned slightly.