Recipe by kzbhansen
This isn't your typical Green Bean Casserole. This has onion, celery and cheese mixed into the green beans then topped with your french fried onion rings
- 4 (15 ounce) cans green beans or 4 (15 ounce) cans French style green beans
- 6 ounces mushrooms, diced (I LOVE baby bellas)
- 1 cup onion, diced
- 1 cup celery, diced
- 2 -3 tablespoons garlic, diced fine
- 8 ounces monterey jack and cheddar cheese blend, shredded
- 1 (13 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (13 ounce) can cream of celery soup
- 2 (6 ounce) cans French fried onion rings
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- kosher salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Melt butter and olive oil over medium high heat in a large frying pan.
- Add onions, celery, garlic and mushrooms,1 tsp of the salt.
- 1/2 teaspoons pepper.
- Saute about 5-6 minutes until the vegetables have softened.
- Add both cans of soup. Mix well and remove from heat.
- Rinse the green beans well and set in colander to drain.
- In a large bowl, combine the green beans, shredded cheese and soup/veggie mix. Add 1/2 of your fried onion rings.
- Pour mixture into a buttered casserole dish and bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven and top with the remaining onion rings.
- Put back in oven for about 5-10 minutes until the onions have browned slightly.