Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
no better way to serve green beans than this family favorite!
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 3 -4 tablespoons dry ranch dressing mix
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1⁄2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 1⁄4 lbs fresh green beans, cooked until crisp tender
- 1 cup fresh breadcrumb, toasted
- (for breadcrumbs, take day old bread, remove crust, and tear bread slices into pieces, put pieces into blender,and pulse until they are fine crumbs).
- To make white sauce, melt butter in small saucepan over low heat.
- Stir in flour; cook 1-2 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Using wire whisk, stir in milk; bring to a boil.
- Cook, whisking constantly, 1-2 minutes or until thickend, Stir in dressing mix and white pepper;set aside.
- Preheat oven 350.
- Spray medium skillet with non stick cooking spray; heat over medium-high heat.
- Add onion and garlic; cook and stir 2-3 minutes or until tender.
- Remove half of onion mixture; set aside.
- Add mushrooms to onion mixture remaining in skillet and cook about 5 minutes or until mushrooms are tender.
- Combine mushroom mixture, green beans and white sauce in 1 1/2 quart casserole.
- Combine bread crumbs with reserved onion mixture; sprinkle over casserole.
- Bake, uncovered, until heated through, about 20-30 minutes.