Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 4 1⁄2 cups cooked and drained and cut green beans
- 1 cup crushed saltine
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine soup and milk.
- Arrange half of green beans in bottom of greased shallow 1 1/2 quart baking dish (i use a pie pan and it works great too!!).
- Spread 1/2 of soup mixture over beans.
- Sprinkle 1/2 saltines and 1 cup cheese.
- Repeat bean, soup mixture and saltine layers.
- Bake, uncovered, for 25 minutes.
- Sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup cheese and bake 5 minutes longer.
Very good! I would recommend something crunchier than saltines, but the way this recipe is written is still very good. Thumbs up!
I am not American and had never tried green bean casserole before, my husband loves it so I wanted to try a simple recipe and this one was just perfect. I skipped the saltines, I didn't have any. But it came out so tasty, I have made it 3 times since. I am always a little worried about over cooking the green beans. It would be good to add the boiling time to the recipe. Thanks
Very good. I use thawed green beans after our freezer died. Welcome to my 'Cook all Night' 2007. I used Mont-Jack cheese and cream o celery soup with added mushrooms. Thanks!