Top Review by Chef RickC
I used frozen French Cut greem beans instead of canned and then vegetable broth to replace the liquid. Other than that I made it per the recipe. It was the best green bean casserole I've ever tasted. So much flavor, not as bland as many others. Thank you for this great recipe.
- 2 cans green beans, reserve liquid (any style)
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 can sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1⁄2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1⁄4 cup bacon bits
- 1 can French fried onion rings
Directions See How It's Made
- Drain the green beans saving one cup of the liquid.
- Put the green beans in a casserole dish.
- In a small saucepan heat mushroom soup, liquid from the green beans, and cheese; stirring until cheese melts.
- Sprinkle drained mushrooms and bacon bits over green beans.
- Cover with the cheese sauce.
- Cook in the oven at 350 for 30 minutes.
- Crush onion rings and sprinkle on top.
- Heat in oven for 5 more minutes.