Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
My husband requests this recipe every holiday. Very good and really simple too.
- 3 cans green beans, drained
- 1 small sour cream
- 2 cups sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 can French fried onion rings
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- Melt butter in sour cream on stove.
- Stir in green beans and remove from heat.
- In a 1 1/2 quart baking dish, put a layer of beans, then a layer of cheese.
- Continue this variation of beans, then cheese until you exhaust the ingredients.
- The last layer should be cheese.
- Bake in a 350 degree oven for 30 minutes.
- Spread onion rings on top and heat for another 3 to 5 minutes.
This was really tasty! My picky boyfriend, who usually hates veggies, ate two huge helpings! Thanks for the recipe, I will be using it again.
I made this recipe for Christmas Eve, 'caues I wanted to try something a little different for green bean casserole. It was a huge hit, and the husband was raving about the cheese in it. Thank you for posting. : )
I have had people say that they don't like green bean casserole until they try this one!