Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Easy green bean casserole recipe!
Make and share this Green Bean Casserole recipe from Food.com.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon white sugar
- 1⁄4 cup onion, diced
- 1 cup sour cream
- 3 (14 1/2 ounce) cans French style green beans, drained
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 cup crumbled round buttery cracker
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Melt 2 tablespoons butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Stir in flour until smooth, and cook for one minute. Stir in the salt, sugar, onion, and sour cream. Add green beans, and stir to coat.
- Transfer the mixture to a 2 1/2 quart casserole dish. Spread shredded cheese over the top. In a small bowl, toss together cracker crumbs and remaining butter, and sprinkle over the cheese.
- Bake for 30 minutes in the preheated oven, or until the top is golden and cheese is bubbly.