Recipe by Douglas Poe
This is just a little different spin on that same old traditional green bean casserole. For something even a little more different, replace cheddar cheese with baby Swiss cheese, and top with a buttery cracker.
- 1 (8 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (6 ounce) candiced water chestnuts
- 2 (16 ounce) cans French style green beans (drained)
- 1⁄4 cup minced onion
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 cup grated mild cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 cup whole milk
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) can French-fried onions
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In medium bowl, combine beans, milk, soup, pepper, water chestnuts, onions, cheese, soy sauce, and 1/2 can onions.
- Pour into 1-1/2 to 2 quart casserole dish that you have sprayed with nonstick cooking spray.
- Bake uncovered 30 minutes or until heated through.
- Top with remaining onions; bake uncovered 5 minutes or until onions are golden brown.