Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans cut green beans, drained
- 1 (6 ounce) can sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (4 ounce) can French fried onion rings
- 1 (6 ounce) can water chestnuts, drained and sliced
- 1 small onion, peeled and chopped
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Combine all ingredients except French fried onions.
- Put in casserole dish; top with onion rings.
- Bake 30 minutes.
Made this last year for our family's Thanksgiving Dinner; it was so good that there was nothing left for second helpings! We definitely will have this casserole every year, especially since several family members already put int their requests for it! Thank you for sharing your recipe!
I am asked to make somewhat of this version.I use 2 cans cut green beans,water chestnuts sliced,no onion and 1 can mushrooms soup with no water added.Mix well and bake.If you would like it a little more fluffy use some of the bean water. Sprinkle with dried whole onions about 15-20 minutes before end of cooking time. This is great for this time of year!Thank you for the post.