Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
4 ingredients! A little different from a traditional green bean casserole - beans, honey, worcestershire sauce and bacon. From "Oh Brother, Hold the Biscuits and Pass the Greens." The recipe as printed stated a baking time of 1 hour, but that seems kind of long to me. I'd go with half an hour like a traditional green bean casserole.
- 2 (15 ounce) cans French style green beans, drained and rinsed
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 1⁄4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 4 slices turkey bacon
- Place beans in a casserole dish that has been sprayed with non-stick spray.
- Mix the honey and worcestershire and pour over the beans.
- Cover with the bacon strips and bake in a 350° oven for 1 hour (see my note regarding baking time in recipe description).
We liked this a lot, or at least I did. It's sweet, but not too sweet..... just right. And a good change for making green beans. I used regular cut green beans. And when it was cooked I crumbled the bacon in to it. My husband said it was good and he normally does not like for me to do much to green beans.