Recipe by JadedKris
This recipe uses sour cream rather than soup. The topping is the perfect compliment to the beans. For a lighter dish, use light or fat free sour cream and cheese. My family raves over this dish every time!
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 cup sour cream
- 4 cups frozen French-cut green beans (one large bag)
- 1⁄2 lb cheddar cheese, grated
- 1⁄2 cup corn flake crumbs
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Lightly grease 8 x 8 baking pan.
- Cook green beans until tender (boil or microwave), drain beans, set aside.
- Melt 2 tbs butter, add flour and seasonings to butter, stir. Mix sour cream in with butter and seasonings. Add beans to mixture and stir well. Mix in grated cheese.
- Put mixture in prepared pan. Sprinkle with corn flake crumbs ( I usually add extra cheese on top too). Drizzle with butter. Cover with foil.
- Bake for 30 minutes. Remove foil for the last few minutes to brown.