Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
Another way to serve green beans.
- 1⁄2 lb fresh green beans (or frozen)
- 2 tablespoons salad oil
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 1 tablespoon instant minced onion
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons dry breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- Prepare and cook green beans until tender (10-15 mins) If using frozen, follow cooking directions.
- Toss green beans with all ingredients except bread crumbs, cheese and butter.
- Put in 1 1/2 qt ungreased casserole dish.
- Mix bread crumbs, butter and cheese.
- Sprinkle over green bean mixture.
- Sprinkle with paprika.
- Bake uncovered at 350 degrees for 15-20 minutes or until heated through.
easy and tasty! I liked the tang of the vinegar, and the slight crustiness of the bread crumbs. I used spinach/chive breadcrumbs from Whole Foods, and Earth Balance for the butter. I also shredded my parmesan cheese. keeper!
Loved this!! Doubled the recipe, used frozen whole green beans which I steamed for a few minutes, olive oil, and red wine vinegar. Was out of fresh Parmesan so used Peccorino-Romano. Incredibly yummy! Thanks for sharing the recipe!
Excellent! I wish I'd found this recipe at the beginning of the garden fresh bean season. The fresh beans were cooked perfectly. I used olive oil and balsamic vinegar like someone else did. The only change I'd make next time is to cut the amount of topping in half. Only thing that confused me was the serving size - I would rate this more like 2-4 servings than 6-8. Thanks again!