Recipe by hhenehan
These green beans are a hit for dinner parties and look fabulous! My family, kids included, eats them up whenever I make them!
- 4 (14 1/2 ounce) cans green beans (fresh beans do not work)
- 3⁄4 cup butter
- 1 (12 ounce) packagethinly sliced bacon
- 2 cups brown sugar
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Pre-cook bacon 30 seconds per slice (if you cook three at a time, cook for 1.5 minutes). This ensures crispier bacon, so if you like your bacon a little underdone, skip this step.
- Wrap 10 to 15 green beans in a bundle with a piece of bacon. Repeat process until you line the entire bottom of casserole dish w/ bundles of green beans. Salt and pepper to your liking.
- In a sauce pan, melt together 1 1/2 sticks of butter and 2 cups brown sugar. Drizzle all of the melted sugar and butter evenly over the bundles. Place in 400 degree oven for 40 minutes. Serves 5-6 people.