Prep 30 mins
Cook 45 mins
I got this recipe from a friend because I loved them. I've been making them now for years and bringing them to the office for the Holidays. I bought them again yesterday and I'm still printing out the recipe. Every time I make them I have to give out the recipe. This is time consuming but well worth the effort.
- 2 (566.99 g) can green beans
- 8-10 slice bacon, cut in half
- 89.90 ml butter
- 118.29 ml brown sugar
- 2.46 ml Worcestershire sauce
- 1.23 ml soy sauce
- 2.46 ml lemon juice
- 1.23 ml garlic salt
- Melt butter with brown sugar. When melted add Lea & Perrins, soy sauce, lemon juice and garlic salt.
- Wrap 6 to 8 whole green beans with 1/2 slice bacon and secure with toothpick. Place on cookie sheet with sides and drizzle sauce over green beans.
- Bake at 375°F for 30 to 40 minutes.
These got mixed reviews at dinner, but overall they were pretty well received. A touch too sweet for me, so next time I may decrease the sugar/butter. I also used garden fresh beans. Thanks for sharing.
These were really good and deserve all 5 stars. Sadly, I failed to photograph these which is my favorite part about this site. Not to worry, these will be made again soon. Thanks for posting!
We love green beans and are always looking for different ways to prepare them. These not only have an outstanding flavor, but also make a nice presentation...perfect when you want to impress your guests. Can't wait to make them again, Britt O's sweet. Thanks so much for sharing.