Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
I fixed these for my DD and her BF last night and they loved them, as did I. They are pretty easy to put together and the flavors blend well. The presentation plated is very nice. These can also be served as appetizers, cold. Use whole green beans. Can't wait to try these with fresh blanched green beans this summer.
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can green beans, drained
- 12 slices of smoked cooked ham, deli sliced thin
- 3 teaspoons brown sugar (use more to taste)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- onion salt
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Line a cookie sheet with aluminum foil.
- Fold each slice of deli smoked ham in half.
- Place 1/8 to 1/4 tsp brown sugar in center and spread a little with the back of your measuring spoon.
- Place a thin slice of butter on top of the brown sugar.
- Add 5-6 green beans (or enough so that the ham folds over nicely).
- Sprinkle with onion salt.
- Fold ham over green beans.
- Place on cookie sheet, seam side down.
- Repeat with remaining green beans.
- Bake in oven at 400 degrees for 15-20 minutes or until ham is golden brown.
These were quite easy to make and a fun way to have green beans. I do think that a few spices might kick this up a notch, will try that the next time I make them. Thanks for a great recipe.
I've made enough of these for everybody...I'll keep the porch light on. Tagged for Everyday Is A Holiday.
Oh wow did I love these beans! The brown sugar/onion powder was great with the ham and beans. So easy to make and quick to cook too. A great way to dress up plain canned green beans - thanks for posting!