Prep 1 hr
Cook 10 mins
Adapted from a recipe by Melanie at www.allrecipes.com. Be sure not to overcook the green beans; you want them to have a good snap.
- 1 lb fresh green beans, cut into 2 inch pieces
- 1⁄4 cup blue cheese, crumbled
- 1⁄4 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup pecan pieces, toasted
- salt, to taste
- ground black pepper, to taste
- Place green beans in a steamer over 1 inch of boiling water, and cover. Cook until tender but still firm, about 2 to 6 minutes. Allow to cool.
- In a medium bowl, combine beans, onion, blue cheese, and pecans. Stir in olive oil and balsamic vinegar. Season with salt and pepper. Chill for at least an hour before serving.
I liked this a lot but for some reason Dad did not care for it. I will cut back on the balsamic vinegar next time. Just for personal taste. Also, I will cut back the olive oil to 2 T. only. I might try it with feta cheese, also. Very good with beans fresh from the garden. Thanks for the inspiring, delicious recipe, Doctor G!