Recipe by out of here
A mixture of things I enjoy. Good way to use fresh beans. I love maple bacon, brown sugar and cider vinegar together.
Top Review by Kate J
Giving this four stars because it wasn't really clear in the directions how to serve this--hot or cold. I served it warm and it was just okay. My husband liked it the next day cold.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs fresh green beans, very tiny ones
- 1⁄2 lb maple bacon
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1 English cucumber
- 1⁄2 cup cider vinegar
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook the cut beans in boiling water until crisp-tender. Drain.
- In a frying pan, fry the cut-up bacon until crisp; drain on paper towel and set aside.
- In the same frying pan, add the brown sugar and vinegar; simmer 5 minutes.
- Slice the cucumber in a bowl and salt the top. Let these sit while you are preparing the beans and bacon.
- Drain and squeeze the cucumbers; add to the frying pan along with the beans and crispy bacon.
- Mix all together and enjoy!