1/3 Photos of Green Bean and Wax Bean Salad With Tabasco Vinaigrette
Altered slightly from a recipe off tabasco.com. For this salad, I used yellow (wax) beans for half the amount of green beans. Any greens will work in the salad: baby spinach, frisee, crisp romaine, collards, as long as they're super fresh. Go ahead if you wish and substitute another variety of Tabasco sauce: Chipotle for a smokier flavor, Habanero for a fiery hot flavor, etc. (You may have to reduce the amount indicated.)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 lb fresh green beans, trimmed and cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1/2 lb fresh wax beans, trimmed and cut into 2-inch pieces
- 5 ounces greens
- 1/2 cup red onion, cut into crescents (my addition)
- 4 slices pepper bacon, crisply cooked, drained
- 1Cook the beans in a large pot of rapidly boiling salted water for approximately 10 minutes, or until crisp-tender.
- 2In a large non-reactive bowl combine the vinaigrette ingredients and whisk.
- 3Drain the beans, place in a large non-reactive bowl and toss them with the vinaigrette. Allow mixture to marinate for 30 minutes at room temperature.
- 4On a large platter arrange the lettuce greens. Spoon the beans on the lettuce greens .
- 5Arrange the red onion crescents on top of the beans.
- 6Crumble the cooked bacon and garnish on top of the salad.
Browse Our Top Green/Yellow Beans Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Green/Yellow Beans Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Green Bean and Wax Bean Salad With Tabasco Vinaigrette
Serving Size: 1 (113 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 159.9
- Calories from Fat 131
- Total Fat 14.6 g
- Saturated Fat 2.5 g
- Cholesterol 3.6 mg
- Sodium 206.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 1.8 g
- Protein 2.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: