Recipe by Witch Doctor
An excellent salad to go with a Russian Barbeque! For a crunchier salad, serve it soon after adding the dressing; for a more piquant flavor, make it the day before to allow the green beans to soak up the flavors of the garlic, vinegar, and walnut .
Top Review by Bergy
This salad was served to me at a friends house - It looked beautiful and had a great flavor. I would love the cilantro in it however the parsley that was in the one I tasted was excellent too.Love the dressing Thanks Witch Doctor for another tasy recipe
- 1⁄2 cup ground walnuts
- 2 medium sized garlic cloves, crushed in a garlic press
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar (to taste)
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon water
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 lb green beans, trimmed and cut crosswise in half
- 1⁄2 medium sized red onion, thinly sliced
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped fresh cilantro
- salt and pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small bowl, combine the walnuts, garlic, vinegar, lemon juice, water, and oil. Mix thoroughly. Let stand for 30 minutes.
- Bring enough lightly salted water to a boil to cover the beans when added. Add the beans and boil until the beans are tender, about 7 minutes. Drain, refresh under cold running water, and drain again. Pat dry.
- In a salad bowl, combine the beans and the onion. Add the dressing, cilantro, and more vinegar, if desired. Season to taste with salt and pepper and toss well. Serve either chilled or at room temperature.