Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
- 1 lb fresh green beans, trimmed
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped walnuts
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh dill
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- In dutch oven or large saucepan, bring 2 cups water to a boil over high heat.
- Reduce heat to medium.
- Add beans; cover and cook 7 to 10 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- Meanwhile, in small bowl, combine all dressing ingredients; blend well.
- Drain beans; rinse with cold water to cool.
- Drain well.
- Pat beans dry with paper towels.
- Place beans in shallow serving dish.
- Add dressing; toss to coat evenly.
- Sprinkle with walnuts.
Thoroughly enjoyed this tangy salad and the crunch of walnuts. Not being a fan of dill, I substituted fresh oregano and thought it was wonderful.
This is a super salad, though normally I don't care all that much for green beans. The dressing is subtle and the walnuts add a lovely crunchy texture. Our table will see this salad often in the future. Make it early in the morning and let it breath in the refrigerator until dinner time.