Recipe by zeldaz51
Mix green and yellow beans for a more colorful dish. From "Diabetes Cooking for Everyone", by Carol Gelles. Exchanges: 1 1/2 vegetable, 3/4 fat.
- 2 cups cut green beans
- 12 grape tomatoes, halved (or cherry tomatoes)
- 8 medium pitted black olives, halved
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon minced shallot
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook the beans in boiling water until bright green and crisp-tender. Drain and rinse (or submerge in ice water) to cool. Drain again.
- Combine the beans, tomatoes, olives, and parsley in a large bowl.
- Whisk together the remaining ingredients in a small bowl, then pour over salad and toss to combine.