Recipe by Delirious in Daytona
Can't remember where I got this one but I love it more everytime I fix what could be considered a salad or fresh vegetable side.
Top Review by jude503
OMG, If you have beans, basil and tomatoes fresh from the garden, don't pass this recipe up. It was SO good! Only thing I changed was I went a little lighter on the oil and so my dressing was a bit watery (which only resulted in my wanting to drink it out of the bottom of the bowl when I was done...ha-ha!)
For the Garlic and Dijon Dressing you will need
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 shallot
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 3⁄4 cup olive oil
- 15 fresh basil leaves
For the salad you will need
- 1 -1 1⁄2 lb green beans, with tips clipped
- 2 beef steak tomatoes or 1 pint , grape tomatoes-split
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine dressing ingredients in food processor and pulse until blended.
- Boil and ice green beans.
- Place prepared beans on platter surronded with tomatoes and pour a generous amount of dressing over beans and tomatoes.
- Garnish with a few basil leaves and serve.