Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Can't remember where I got this one but I love it more everytime I fix what could be considered a salad or fresh vegetable side.
For the Garlic and Dijon Dressing you will need
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 shallot
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 3⁄4 cup olive oil
- 15 fresh basil leaves
For the salad you will need
- 1 -1 1⁄2 lb green beans, with tips clipped
- 2 beef steak tomatoes or 1 pint , grape tomatoes-split
- Combine dressing ingredients in food processor and pulse until blended.
- Boil and ice green beans.
- Place prepared beans on platter surronded with tomatoes and pour a generous amount of dressing over beans and tomatoes.
- Garnish with a few basil leaves and serve.
OMG, If you have beans, basil and tomatoes fresh from the garden, don't pass this recipe up. It was SO good! Only thing I changed was I went a little lighter on the oil and so my dressing was a bit watery (which only resulted in my wanting to drink it out of the bottom of the bowl when I was done...ha-ha!)
I made this salad as directed. I served it with homemade mac and cheese, the bright colors were beautiful. The dressing was a bit too much so I held some aside and used it to dip some bread in and it was awesome. I let the salad chill in my fridge for an hour, I would recommend serving the salad cold.
Very very very good, and simple too. A true summer staple. Next time I might add some pine nuts and call it "The Italian Salad" because of the colors :-D Thank you for sharing this easy yet delicious concoction with us.