Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
This recipe hails from Bastyr Center for Natural Health newsletter - Summer/Fall 2006. It's simple and abundant in nutrients!
- 1 lb green beans
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 1 cup light miso
- 1 cup tahini sesame butter
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1⁄2 cup fresh cilantro
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 3-qt. saucepan, bring 2 qts water to a boil. cook beans until barely tender. Drain and chill in water to cease cooking. Drain again and pat dry.
- In a dry skillet over medium-high heat, cook sesame seeds, stirring constantly, until lightly browned. Set aside.
- To make dressing, whisk miso, tahini, water, lemon juice, garlic, and pepper together until smooth. Add cilantro.
- Mix beans, sesame seeds and 1/2-3/4 cup of miso dressing. Any extra miso dressing can be kept refigerated for up to a month.