Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
From Bon Appétit (Feb 2001). This surprisingly easy and delicious salad will impress any dinner guest! You can also use cider instead of the juice.
- 118.29 ml frozen apple juice concentrate, thawed
- 29.58 ml apple cider vinegar
- 29.58 ml vegetable oil
- 9.85 ml Dijon mustard
- 4.92 ml mustard seeds
- 170.09 g green beans, trimmed, cut in half on deep diagonal
- 946.36 ml packed baby greens (about half of 4.5-ounce package)
- 118.29 ml finely chopped red onion
- 2 large radishes, trimmed, halved, thinly sliced
- 14.79 ml finely chopped bread and butter pickles (optional)
- Boil apple concentrate in small saucepan over medium heat until reduced to 1/4 cup, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat. Whisk in vinegar, oil, mustard, and mustard seeds. Season vinaigrette with salt and pepper. (Can be made 1 day ahead. Cover and chill. Rewarm before using.).
- Cook beans in medium pot of boiling salted water until crisp-tender, about 4 minutes; drain well. Transfer beans to large bowl; cool slightly. Add greens, onion, radishes, and pickles. Toss with enough vinaigrette to coat.