Recipe by School Chef
Found this recipe in an old notebook that my neighbor gave me, when I moved to this area. It is really good when new potatoes and green beans are in season. I am posting it here for safe keeping.
Top Review by Maryland Jim
Made this for a church pot luck dinner. Most said it lacked something, a bit more seasoning or something. May try it again but with more spices. Congrats on the football pool win, week 1 2010 season.
- 1 lb fresh green beans
- 1⁄2 lb new potato
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 tablespoons wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Wash green beans and cut in half.
- Wash new potatoes and cube.
- Place beans and potatoes in pot and cook until they are tender.
- Mince garlic add to beans and potatoes and cook for 4 minutes
- Drain vegetables.
- Set aside to cool.
- Mix oil, vinegar, oregano, salt and pepper together.
- Pour over vegetables and toss gently.