Prep 5 mins
Cook 40 mins
Very nice side dish and healthy too! Been cooking it for years now can't remember where I got it from an australian cookbook though. Enjoy!
- 500 g green beans
- 500 g potatoes
- 1 tablespoon cream
- 3⁄4 cup grated cheese
- 125 g mushrooms
- 1 red peppers or 1⁄2 red capsicum (optional)
- 1 green pepper (optional)
- 2 slices bacon
- 425 g canned whole tomatoes, diced
- 30 g butter or 30 g cooking spray
- 1 onion
- 1 teaspoon garlic
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley
- Top and tail and string beans, cut in half.
- Peel potatoes and slice thinly.
- Grease a shallow ovenproof dish.
- Place potatoes evenly over base and sprinkle cream over top.
- Place covered in a moderate oven for 25 minutes.
- Take out and sprinkle with cheese.
- Bring salted water to boil add beans cook 3 min.
- Drain and slice mushrooms and pepper thinly.
- Combine with beans.
- Arrange bean mixture over potatoes.
- Pour over sauce and bake 15 min uncovered in a moderate oven.
- Chop bacon finely cook in pan til crisp and sprinkle over casserole.
- Push tomatoes through sieve into bowl or just use diced tomatoes in can.
- Melt butter (or spray) in pan add onion chopped and garlic cook til tender.
- Add tomatoes, water, salt pepper, worcestershire sauce, bring to boil reduce heat.
- SImmer 15 min covered.
- stir in parsley.
oriana,This is a really good recipe,it is not hard to prepare,and worth the time you spend making it,it would make an excellent recipe for a side dish for potlucks and etc.Thanks,Darlene