Recipe by riffraff
This is a really good, I promise. Can be made ahead up until the adding the cheese step.
Top Review by casesee8
I made this dish to take to a family christmas dinner. I tried this one because I wanted something different than the traditional green bean casserole, THANKFULLY I made it for dinner the night before just to make sure it taste ok. It was dreadful I am not a mushroom fan myself but my boyfriend is and he didn't like it at all. Literally after it was tasted it was thrown in a bag sealed and in the trash. The smell was awful. I am going to just make the traditional kind to afraid to try another recipe in case it turned out like this one lol. But I do think there could be hope for this recipe. Maybe use a different kind of mushroom, regular cream of mushroom soup instead of garlic kind, and fresh/or frozen green beans instead of canned. Just try to find another recipe before you make this one there are plenty out there wish i would have chose a different one.
- 4 slices bacon
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 lb baby portabella mushrooms, sliced
- 1⁄2 medium red onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup slivered almonds
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) cancondensed condensed cream of mushroom & garlic soup
- 1⁄3 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄3 teaspoon white pepper
- 2 (15 1/2 ounce) cans French style green beans, drained
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Place bacon in a large skillet over medium-high heat, and fry until crisp.
- Remove from the skillet to drain on paper towels.
- Pour olive oil into the skillet, and reduce heat to medium.
- When oil is hot, add mushrooms and onion; cook, stirring frequently until the onions start to become translucent.
- Add garlic, and fry for a couple of minutes, just until fragrant.
- Stir in the mushroom soup and almonds, and bring to a boil.
- Season with white pepper and paprika, and crumble in the bacon.
- Gently stir in the green beans, then transfer the mixture to a casserole dish.
- Bake uncovered for 30 minutes in the preheated oven.
- Remove from the oven, and sprinkle Cheddar cheese over the top.
- Return to the oven for 5 minutes, or until cheese is melted.
- Let stand 5 minutes before serving.