Recipe by Monstr
Got green beans? Toss 'em in here! In this classic salad you'll find potatoes, green beans and fresh herbs in a homemade vinaigrette. Easy to make, light and yummy. I used some smallish red potatoes and steamed them but I think cooking in water would be fine. Also I just cooked the green beans in a skillet with some water and olive oil. Red OR white wine vinegar may be used. I'll bet some black olives would be tasty in here too. Serve at cool room temperature. Printed in my local paper from "The Yellow Farm House Cookbook"
- 1 1⁄2 lbs new potatoes, about 5-6 2 inch red potatoes cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1 1⁄2 lbs fresh green beans, trimmed and cut into bite-sized pieces (4-5 big handfuls)
- 1⁄4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 6 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄2 red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons chives, minced
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt, to taste
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste, don't be shy
Directions See How It's Made
- Potatoes and beans:.
- Steam potatoes for 7 minutes or until barely tender. Add green beans. Steam for 7 minutes of until just tender. Potatoes may be boiled and/or green beans cooked separately. Remove potatoes and beans to a bowl and cool for 15 minutes. (I used a cookie sheet).
- Whisk together vinegar, mustard and olive oil.
- Pour dressing over potatoes and beans. Add onion, chives, parsley. Add salt and pepper to taste. Benefits from sitting a bit.