katie in the UP's Note:
In search for new recipes for the Holidays I I found this recipe in the brand new Food Network Magazine! They recommend Haricot verts.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Bring a large pot of generously salted water to a rolling boil.
- 2Add the beans and cook until crisp tender, about 5 minutes.
- 3Drain and transfer to a large bowl.
- 4Toss with 3 tbls olive oil and 1 1/2 tsp salt.
- 5Cool, uncovered.
- 6Finely grate zest of 1 lemon; combine with the shallots in another large bowl.
- 7Squeeze the juice from both lemons on top.
- 8Add the mushrooms and toss with 1 tbls salt.
- 9Set aside.
- 10Toast the walnuts in a dry skillet over med heat until golden and fragrant.
- 11Sprinkle with sugar and pinch of salt and cook until the sugar melts, about 3 more minutes.
- 12Remove from the heat and cool.
- 13Add the remaining 1 tbls oil to the mushrooms and gently combine with the beans, parsley and half the nuts.
- 14Season with salt and pepper.
- 15Transfer to a serving bowl or platter and sprinkle the remaining nuts on top.
Browse Our Top Mushroom Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Mushroom Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Green Bean and Mushroom Salad
Serving Size: 1 (164 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 203.3
- Calories from Fat 148
- Total Fat 16.5 g
- Saturated Fat 1.8 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 10.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.4 g
- Sugars 3.2 g
- Protein 5.1 g