Recipe by Grannydragon
Young fresh green beans or haricots verts, make this a very nice side salad.
Top Review by JustJanS
A lovely fresh tasting salad thank you Grannydragon. I made enough for 3 (300g beans) and half a recipe of dressing. It emuslsified sort of-didn't get particularly thick and creamy but I think a full recipe would. I used wholegrain mustard and preferred to slice my red onion finely.
- 1133.98 g fresh green beans, blanched and shocked
- 1 red onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 29.58 ml of fresh mint, chopped
- 1 lemon, juice and zest of
- 9.85 ml Dijon mustard
- 59.14 ml olive oil
- 118.29 ml sour cream
- 1.5 ml Tabasco sauce
- salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small bowl, whisk together the garlic, mint, lemon zest and juice, and mustard. While whisking, slowly add the olive oil and whisk until thick and emulsified.
- Whisk in the sour cream and Tabasco sauce.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Put green beans and red onion into a large bowl.
- Pour the dressing over the beans and toss well. refrigerate at least 30 minutes or up to 24 hours before serving. The 30 minutes is not cooking time, but is the time allowed to blend the flavors while in the refrigerator.