1/1 Photo of Green Bean and Hazelnut Salad
With its dose of flaxseed oil, this salad represents an attempt to get more omega-3s into the diet. The hazelnut oil is simply for deliciousness, complementing the toasted nuts and crisp-tender green beans.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 325°F with rack in middle.
- 2Toast nuts in a small baking pan until centers are golden, 15 to 20 minutes (cut one open to test for doneness).
- 3Cool to warm, then rub off any loose skins in a kitchen towel.
- 4Coarsely chop nuts.
- 5Cook beans in a 6-quart pot of boiling salted water (1 1/2 tablespoons salt for 4 quarts water) until just tender, 4 to 6 minutes.
- 6Transfer to an ice bath to stop cooking.
- 7Drain and pat dry.
- 8Whisk together mustard, vinegar, and sea salt in a bowl, then add olive, flaxseed, and hazelnut oils, whisking.
- 9Add beans, nuts, and onion and toss well.
- 10Season with salt and pepper.
- 11*NOTE: Beans can be cooked 1 day ahead and chilled (once cool) in a plastic bag lined with paper towels.
Browse Our Top Green/Yellow Beans Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Green/Yellow Beans Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Green Bean and Hazelnut Salad
Serving Size: 1 (116 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 156.8
- Calories from Fat 121
- Total Fat 13.5 g
- Saturated Fat 1.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 109.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.8 g
- Sugars 2.0 g
- Protein 2.8 g