Top Review by Aroostook
What a great soup!! The dill is a wonderful surprise and I have never used cream with ham. This recipe is sooo flavorful. Thanks so much for posting. I will be making this again. A keeper...=) !
- 4 cups fresh green beans, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 3 cups potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 cups ham, cubed, cooked
- 1 cup onion, chopped (1 large)
- 4 cups water
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill, snipped or 1 teaspoon dried dill, crushed (I do not like dill so I added 1/2 tsp. basil and 1 bay leaf.)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup milk or 1 cup half-and-half or 1 cup light cream
Directions See How It's Made
- In a 4- or 6-quart pressure cooker combine green beans, potatoes, ham, onion, water, and oil. Lock lid in place. Place pressure regulator on vent pipe. Over high heat, bring cooker up to pressure.
- Reduce heat just enough to maintain pressure and pressure regulator rocks gently; cook for 3 minutes.
- Quick-release the pressure. Carefully remove the lid.
- Stir together flour, dill, salt, black pepper, and milk, half-and-half, or light cream til smooth. Add to cooker. Cook over medium heat till thickened and bubbly.
- Cook and stir for 1 minute more.