Prep 10 mins
Cook 6 mins
From one of my Food & Wine Cookbooks.
- 1 lb green beans
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 2 small fennel bulbs (about 1 pound)
- 2⁄3 cup shaved parmesan cheese (about 3 ounces)
- Cook the beans in a large saucepan of boiling salted water until nearly tender, about 6 minutes. Drain them in a colander and refresh under cold running water. Drain well.
- In a medium bowl, combine the olive oil and lemon juice and season with salt and pepper.
- Thinly slice the fennel lengthwise, add it to the bowl and toss, then transfer the fennel to a platter.
- Add the beans to the bowl and toss with the remaining dressing, then transfer them to the platter. Garnish with the Parmesan shavings and serve.