Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
From Jane Brody's Good Food Cookbook This is a smiplified version of 3 bean salad (only 2 beans!) and no sugary dressing.
- 1 lb green beans, trimmed and cut into 2-inch lenghts
- 1 (16 ounce) can chickpeas, drained and rinsed (Garbanzo beans)
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil (or 1 tsp dried)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 large garlic clove, crushed
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- Steam beans until tender crisp, about 5 minutes. Place beans, chickpeas and onions in a large bowl. Combin dressing ingredients and add to the bean mixture, tossing well. Chill for about an hour before serving.