Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
This recipe is from Wikipedia with some very minor changes. At the bottom of the page it says it's a New Guinean recipe. If you don't use kosher salt, I'd suggest about half the amount of table salt. Makes 4 generous servings or 6 as a side dish.
- 1 1⁄4 lbs fresh green beans, trimmed and cut into 2 inch piece
- 16 ounces canned chick-peas, drained and rinsed
- 1⁄3 cup diced onion
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- Steam the beans about 5 minutes, or until they are tender-crisp.
- Combine chickpeas, beans and onion in a large bowl.
- Combine the rest of the ingredients in a small bowl for the dressing and add it to the bean mixture. Toss well.
- Serve warm but not hot.