Recipe by MrsK
I love blue cheese, so this is one of my favorite casseroles. Also very easy. Just be sure NOT to add any salt: the blue cheese has enough. Oh, and if you are counting calories, eat just a spoonfool of this one!
- 1 1⁄2 lbs green beans
- 3 ounces blue cheese
- 1 pint heavy cream
- 3 eggs
- 1 (4 ounce) can mushrooms, drained
- black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook green beans in boiling water for 5-10 minutes or until cooked but still crispy. (Remember to put the beans in the pan only when water starts boiling hard.) Drain and rinse with very cold water to stop cooking process.
- Arrange beans neatly in the bottom of a greased casserole.
- Beat eggs well and add blue cheese, mushrooms and pepper. When well mixed fold in cream; do NOT beat.
- Pour egg mixture over beans. Mix bread crumbs with melted butter and sprinkle on casserole.
- Heat oven to 400 F and bake 25-30 minutes, or until bubbly and firm around the edges.