A great Asian salad from the vegetarian society.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 ounces fine green beans, topped and tailed
- 4 ounces mange-touts peas, shredded diagonally
- 6 ounces bean sprouts
- 1 red onion, very finely sliced
- 7 ounces canned straw mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar or 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons shoyu or 2 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 1 -2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon raw brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon fresh coriander leaves, roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon Thai basil, roughly chopped
For the garnish
- 1Steam the green beans and mange tout for 3 minutes.
- 2Place in a colander and refresh under cold running water. Drain.
- 3Place the beans, mange tout, bean sprouts, onion and mushroom in a large bowl and mix well.
- 4In a small bowl mix together the vinegar, shoyu, sesame oil, and sugar.
- 5Stir in the coriander and basil leaves, pour over the salad ingredients and toss together well.
- 6Transfer to a serving platter and scatter over the spring onions, herb leaves and toasted sesame seeds.
Browse Our Top Beans Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Green Bean and Bean Sprout Salad
Serving Size: 1 (203 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 92.0
- Calories from Fat 25
- Total Fat 2.7 g
- Saturated Fat 0.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 653.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.0 g
- Sugars 4.8 g
- Protein 5.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
rice wine vinegar