Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
A great Asian salad from the vegetarian society.
- 8 ounces fine green beans, topped and tailed
- 4 ounces mange-touts peas, shredded diagonally
- 6 ounces bean sprouts
- 1 red onion, very finely sliced
- 7 ounces canned straw mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar or 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons shoyu or 2 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 1 -2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon raw brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon fresh coriander leaves, roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon Thai basil, roughly chopped
For the garnish
- 3 spring onions, finely shredded
- 3 sprigs fresh coriander
- 3 sprigs fresh basil leaves
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds, toasted
- Steam the green beans and mange tout for 3 minutes.
- Place in a colander and refresh under cold running water. Drain.
- Place the beans, mange tout, bean sprouts, onion and mushroom in a large bowl and mix well.
- In a small bowl mix together the vinegar, shoyu, sesame oil, and sugar.
- Stir in the coriander and basil leaves, pour over the salad ingredients and toss together well.
- Transfer to a serving platter and scatter over the spring onions, herb leaves and toasted sesame seeds.