- 1 1⁄2 lbs green beans, topped and tailed and cut into 1 1/2 inch pieces
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup vinegar (I prefer a mix of red wine and balsamic)
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh basil leaf
- 1 clove garlic, minced finely (or pressed)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 scallions, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Steam the green beans for about 10 minutes, until tender.
- You can also cook them in the microwave for about 4 minutes.
- Set aside in a bowl.
- Whisk together the oil, vinegar and seasonings.
- Pour this over the green beans.
- Add the scallions and toss gently.
- Cover and place in the fridge until cold.
- The flavor really intensifies if you let the salad chill for 24 hours.