Recipe by Outta Here
An easy side dish using canned green beans. Sun-dried tomatoes can be used instead of the optional pimiento. NOTE: Use fresh herbs of your choice. Oregano and thyme are good.
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄3 cup red wine vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh herb, chopped (see note in recipe description)
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh chives, chopped
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can French style green beans, drained
- 1 (6 ounce) jar artichoke hearts, drained
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup fresh chives, chopped
- 2 tablespoons pimiento, chopped (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a glass bowl large enough to hold beans and artichokes, mix lemon juice, vinegar, 1/4 cup olive oil, and 1 tablespoon each herbs, parsley and chives.
- Toss green beans and artichoke hearts in marinade. Cover the bowl and refrigerate 30 minutes (or until ready to use).
- Drain off as much of the marinade as possible.
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large skillet. Toss beans and artichoke hearts until heated through (about 3 or 4 minutes).
- Add 1/2 cup parsley and 1/4 cup chives.
- If using, add the chopped pimento (or sun-dried tomatoes) at the last minute for color.
- Serve immediately.