Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
- Snap ends off green beans and wash. Place in 2 inches of water and cover, on medium heat. Cook covered until it reaches the desired texture. Pour beans into colander. Place pan back on burner on medium heat, and add 2 tablespoons butter.
- Add almonds and saute with butter for about 5 minutes, or until almonds are lightly browned.
- Add garlic, and then the remainder of the butter.
- Add green beans, and toss.
- Move to serving plate, and enjoy!
My whole family loves these! I substituted frozen green beans for fresh -- so good!
I also used 2 cans of green beans. This was a delightful change from the other various ways I usually fix green beans. Since my DH loves green beans I will enjoy having a new way to add to the list. This was the first time I had ever put nuts in green beans. I was also pleased that the amount of garlic used did not overpower the dish. Made for Spring PAC 2010 http://www.recipezaar.com/bb/viewtopic.zsp?t=327498&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
I had to use canned green beans but tis was a tasty way to dress them up. Thanks for sharing. Made for PAC Spring 2010.