Prep 20 mins
Cook 5 mins
A quick side dish to prepare when you are in a hurry.
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine
- 1⁄2 cup slivered almonds
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄3 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 3 cups cooked brown rice
- 2 (14 ounce) beef broth
- 10 ounces frozen French style green beans, thawed
- 1⁄8-1⁄4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried tarragon leaves, crushed
- Cook rice in beef broth according package directions for serving size; set aside.
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add almonds; stir until lightly browned.
- Add the onion and bell pepper; cook for 2 minutes or until tender.
- Add rice beans, white pepper and tarragon.
- Stir until thoroughly heated. Serve.