Recipe by MamaJ
Green bananas have very little banana flavor but are packed with nutrients. These fries are very similar in taste to french fries. This dish is common in Kenya where bananas and roots are more common than the white potato. Posted for ZWT4. (Original recipe from All Recipes)
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel the bananas using a knife (green bananas will not peel like a yellow banana).
- Slice into long thin wedges or strings to make fries.
- Heat the oil in a heavy deep skillet over medium-high heat. If you have a deep-fryer, heat the oil to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Place the banana fries into the hot oil, and fry until golden brown, 5 to 7 minutes.
- Fry in batches if necessary.
- Remove from the oil, and drain on paper towels.
- Season with salt and serve immediately.