Prep 0 mins
Cook 20 mins
Source: adapted from Françoise Bernard and Alain Ducasse, La Bonne Cuisine, 1999, page 169. asperges vertes rôties aux morilles
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 large shallot, finely minced
- 16 g dried morels, soaked, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 2 cups chicken stock
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 3⁄4 lb asparagus spear, trimmed and peeled, see note
- 15 g freshly grated parmigiano-reggiano cheese
- You want FAT tips, not skinny ones.
- In a sauce pan, melt 1 tablespoon butter then saute the shallots over medium heat. Add mushrooms and garlic. Mix well. Add stock and turn heat to high. Cook until the liquid is almost gone. Salt and pepper to taste. Set aside.
- Blanch asparagus in salted water for about 6 minutes until cooked but not tender. Cool in ice water and drain on paper towels. Set aside.
- In a sauté pan large enough to cook the asparagus in a single layer, melt 1 tablespoon butter over high heat. Add asparagus, reduce to medium, and cook until asparagus is heated through and starts to brown. Be careful not to break any of the asparagus tips.
- Warm the mushroom sauce.
- Arrange asparagus on serving plates. Divide sauce among plates. Sprinkle cheese on top and serve immediately.
- Time varies depending on stove, cookware and items so it is a guess here.