Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
My aunt Karen gave this to me and it is always a hit. So simple, yet a little different and the dressing is GREAT.
- 453.59 g bag spinach
- 1 granny smith apple, chopped
- 118.29 ml toasted slivered almonds
- 118.29 ml blue cheese, crumbled
- 118.29 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 29.58 ml red wine vinegar
- 14.79 ml soy sauce
- 14.79 ml honey
- 29.58 ml Dijon mustard
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Place spinach, apple, almond and blue cheese in salad bowl.
- To make dressing, combine oil, vinegar, soy sauce, honey and dijon and garlic in a food processor (or shake in a jar like i do) and emulsify.
- Pour over greens and toss.
This was totally awesome and with ingredients I always have on hand. When I was starting to make the dressing, I saw 2 T Dijon mustard and thought that's just way too much. Well, it's not at all. That amount of Dijon really balances out the soy taste really well. Two ingredients are must in this recipe and they are blue cheese and apples. What a great combination of flavors.
What a delicious, yet simple salad! The soy sauce in the dressing gives it a unique flavor. I used a Gala apple, but made no other changes. Thanx for sharing your aunt's recipe; I love it!
Great Salad! Made the dressing as directed with a heaping Tbsp of honey. Substituted spring greens, feta cheese and candied walnuts. Added 1/2 c of dried cranberries. Wonderful!!!!!!!