Recipe by -d
I had to come up with an apple salsa recipe in class. I pulled this one out of thin air, and it came out extraordinarily good! In fact, when it comes to apple salsa recipes, this is by far the world's greatest.
- 1 lemon
- 1 lime
- 3 ounces honey
- 2 granny smith apples
- 1 white onion
- 1 poblano pepper
- 3 ounces fresh cilantro
Directions See How It's Made
- Squeeze as much juice and pulp as possible out of the lemon and lime into a bowl.
- If you are feeling ambitious, use some of the zest as well.
- Add the honey and mix until uniform, set aside.
- Peel, core and dice the apples to 5mm (0.2 inches) While doing so, add the finished dices to the juice/honey mix so the apple bits don't turn brown.
- Peel and dice the onion to the same size as the apples, add this to the mix.
- Remove the stem and deseed the poblano. Dice to the same size as the others. Add to the mix.
- Finely chop the cilantro.
- Mix everything until uniform. If all goes well, it should have an eerie green color suitable for St. Patrick's day.
- Serve with chips or over lightly seasoned fish or pork.