Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
I had to come up with an apple salsa recipe in class. I pulled this one out of thin air, and it came out extraordinarily good! In fact, when it comes to apple salsa recipes, this is by far the world's greatest.
- Squeeze as much juice and pulp as possible out of the lemon and lime into a bowl.
- If you are feeling ambitious, use some of the zest as well.
- Add the honey and mix until uniform, set aside.
- Peel, core and dice the apples to 5mm (0.2 inches) While doing so, add the finished dices to the juice/honey mix so the apple bits don't turn brown.
- Peel and dice the onion to the same size as the apples, add this to the mix.
- Remove the stem and deseed the poblano. Dice to the same size as the others. Add to the mix.
- Finely chop the cilantro.
- Mix everything until uniform. If all goes well, it should have an eerie green color suitable for St. Patrick's day.
- Serve with chips or over lightly seasoned fish or pork.
Best Salsa Ever!! I made this to bring to work and I could not keep enough copies of the recipes!! Everyone was asking for it!! Even the VP!!!
WAAAAAY TOO MUCH RAW ONION! Its overpowering the flavor. I suggest using a yellow onion or half a white onion. You might even add some salt to sweat out the onions. It tastes better to let it sit over night and soak up the juices.
I made this for a St. Patrick's Day get-together and brought a bag of tortilla chips. The salsa got great reviews from all! It tastes very fresh, with a nice mix of tang and sweetness wrapped up in a satisfying crunch.