1/1 Photo of Green Apple Salsa - the World's Greatest - by Far
I had to come up with an apple salsa recipe in class. I pulled this one out of thin air, and it came out extraordinarily good! In fact, when it comes to apple salsa recipes, this is by far the world's greatest.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Squeeze as much juice and pulp as possible out of the lemon and lime into a bowl.
- 2If you are feeling ambitious, use some of the zest as well.
- 3Add the honey and mix until uniform, set aside.
- 4Peel, core and dice the apples to 5mm (0.2 inches) While doing so, add the finished dices to the juice/honey mix so the apple bits don't turn brown.
- 5Peel and dice the onion to the same size as the apples, add this to the mix.
- 6Remove the stem and deseed the poblano. Dice to the same size as the others. Add to the mix.
- 7Finely chop the cilantro.
- 8Mix everything until uniform. If all goes well, it should have an eerie green color suitable for St. Patrick's day.
- 9Serve with chips or over lightly seasoned fish or pork.
Browse Our Top Salsas Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Green Apple Salsa - the World's Greatest - by Far
Serving Size: 1 (65 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 5
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 119.2
- Calories from Fat 5
- Total Fat 0.5 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 12.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.0 g
- Sugars 23.1 g
- Protein 1.4 g