Recipe by Outta Here
NOTE: A reviewer mentioned the apples turning brown. See note at end of instructions for preventing this. I adopted this recipe. I have cleaned up the ingredients list. The original poster gave this description: Serve chilled with tortilla chips. Excellent served with salmon, pork or lamb. (If desired, warm the salsa quickly in a saute pan before spooning over meat or fish.)
- 59.14 ml apple juice
- 473.18 ml green apples, peeled, cored, and diced
- 118.29 ml red onion, chopped
- 118.29 ml poblano chile, seeded and diced (fresh, not dried)
- 2.46 ml fresh oregano, minced
- 14.79 ml sugar
- 14.79 ml fresh lime juice
- 14.79 ml seasoned rice wine vinegar
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine all ingredients, mixing well.
- NOTE: To help keep apples from turning brown, fill a bowl large enough to hold apples with cold water and add enough lemon juice to cloud the water a bit. Place peeled apples in this mixture while waiting to dice them. After dicing, return to this mixture until ready to use. Drain and proceed.